CPO or RCMP - Who You Gonna Call?

  • font size:A
  • A
  • A


· Car Accident

· Vehicle / Structure Fire

RCMP Complaint Line

· Theft

· Suspicious Activity

· Domestic Disputes

· Fraud

· Sexual Assault

· Bullying

· Noise Complaints 

Community Peace Officers (CPO)

· Bylaw Concerns

· Noise Complaints

· Traffic and Parking Enforcement

· Unsightly Premises

· Car Seat Safety

· Bike Helmet Safety

· Bullying

· Community Standards Enforcement 

· Dog or Cat at large

 (OR Call Klassic Kennels 403-340-0128)

NEW RCMP Online Reporting System can be used in some cases:

You can use Online Crime Reporting if:
  • You have lost something that costs less than $5000
  • Someone has stolen something from you that costs less than $5000
  • Someone has vandalized your property or vehicle and it will cost less than $5000 to repair it
  • The crime happened within the jurisdiction of the Alberta RCMP
You cannot use Online Crime Reporting if:
  • There is a witness or suspect
  • There are lost or stolen items involving personal identity, firearms, licence plates or decals
We will need your:
  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Email

A typical report will take 15 minutes to complete. Click here to go to the RCMP Online Reporting System

-  RCMP deals with criminal code (theft, sexual assault, murder, robbery, domestic, etc.) and CPO cannot.

- RCMP can lay criminal charge offences and CPO cannot.

- RCMP can enforce all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and CPO’s deal with Provincial Statutes (Traffic Safety Act, Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act, Trespassing Act, etc) and local Bylaws (Traffic, Land Use, Community Standards, Utility, etc) where they are employed with Traffic Safety Act and have jurisdiction where are employed unless there is an agreement between both parties.